When can I return my library books and other library materials?
Returns are being accepted via curbside service 11am-5pm Monday through Friday at all branches, and 10am-2pm on Saturdays at the Forks Branch, Sequim Branch, and Port Angeles Main Library. Due to the requirement to quarantine returned materials, and the enormous amount of backlogged material to process, items will not show as returned on your account for 7-10 working days. No fines will be charged for overdue materials.
At this time, donations are NOT being accepted.
When can I pick up my holds?
Curbside holds pickup is available 11am-5pm Monday through Friday at all branches, and 10am-2pm on Saturdays at the Forks Branch, Sequim Branch, and Port Angeles Main Library. To help protect employees and the public, all patrons are encouraged to wear a face covering when visiting the library.
To use curbside holds pickup, place a hold from the catalog online as normal, or contact customer service staff via phone to request material. When your holds arrive at the branch selected, you will receive the standard hold email, phone, or text notification. When you arrive at your library branch, follow the prompts in the parking area for the next steps to pick up your holds. At the Port Angeles Main Library, patrons should enter the parking lot from the west off Chase Street. To help the flow of traffic, the library parking lot will not be accessible from Peabody Street.
Due to the thousands of holds patrons placed while the library was closed during the spring, and the large number of new holds expected in the coming weeks, wait times for requested material may be longer than usual, even if an item’s status shows as available. You should not go to your library branch to pick up an item until you have received a notice that it is ready for pickup.
When are my items due?
Physical items checked out before the library closure began in mid-March will keep their original due dates, but no overdue fees will be charged when they are returned. Please return these materials when it is safe for you to do so. Please do not return any items if you or anyone in your household has been experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19. Through at least July 31, patron accounts will not be blocked from checking out because of overdue material.
Normal loan periods will be applied to items checked out on or after June 22.
How is the Library keeping staff and community safe?
- NOLS is partnering with Clallam County Emergency Operations Center to provide FREE masks to the public during curbside service hours.
- In compliance with Washington State requirements, all staff members are required to wear cloth face masks. As a courtesy to staff and others, NOLS encourages anyone who is able to wear a face-covering while visiting the Library.
- All returned library materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before being processed.
- The Library is increasing cleaning, paying particular attention to high touch areas such as handrails, doors and handles.
- Staff are provided cleaning supplies to regularly clean workspaces and gloves to allow safe handling of materials.
- Regular access to soap and warm water for handwashing and hand sanitizer is provided in all locations.
- A physical distance of six-feet will be maintained at all times between staff and other customers. Waiting areas and areas where the public tends to gather will be clearly marked.
What about other library services?
NOLS continues to offer programming virtually. Sign up for the Summer Reading Program online and learn about the exciting events happening throughout the summer for all ages.
All meeting room reservations have be cancelled through at least Monday, August 31. No new meeting room reservations are being accepted at this time.
Public Wi-Fi will remain available outside of each NOLS branch 24/7.