Customer Service is an integral part of North Olympic Library System’s relationship with the Clallam County Region. NOLS endorses high standards of customer service and supports them through carefully crafted policies and procedures, employee trainings, leadership development, and opportunities for customer input.
Customers can expect to:
- Be acknowledged appropriately and treated courteously, politely, and without prejudice.
- Receive prompt service or receive acknowledgement and explanation when there must be a delay in service.
- Experience the same standard of service regardless of age, race, gender, religion, physical limitations, cultural, or social differences.
- Enjoy a clean, safe, civil environment.
All Library Staff will:
- Acknowledge/welcome customers with a friendly greeting.
- Ask and Listen – seek further understanding of customer inquiries and needs.
- Assist customers to a satisfactory resolution within the parameters of NOLS policies and procedures.
- Put customers’ immediate library service needs ahead of routine duties.
- Uphold NOLS’ privacy policies and practices, and treat private matters respectfully.
- Take action as necessary to maintain a clean, civil, safe environment.
- Wear name tags to clearly identify themselves as representatives of the library.