Nurturing imagination, connection, and understanding,
to improve lives and strengthen community.
- Free and equal access
- Intellectual freedom and privacy
- Literacy and learning
- Responsible stewardship
- Community service
- Community vitality
- Power of knowledge, imagination, and exploration
- Flexibility, nimbleness, and adaptability to social and technological change
- Lend library materials at no direct cost to customers.
- Assist with information and research needs.
- Provide early literacy services and programming.
- Provide access to information technologies.
- Provide meeting space for public interaction.
- Be the community hub, where community comes together to think, meet, work, play, and create.
- Provide literacy, education, and enrichment opportunities for people of all ages.
- Offer diverse programs, events, and classes, which promote learning, skills acquisition, intellectual and cultural stimulation, civic discourse, community vitality, social engagement, entertainment, relaxation, and creative fun.
- Provide library facilities that are safe, comfortable, functional, and energy efficient.
- Deliver library services when and where they are needed.
- Actively seek and develop collaborative relationships with community partners. Engage with community partners to connect community resources to community needs, support community vitality, expand service reach, reduce redundancy in local services, and support cost effective use of public and private funding.
- Continue to engage the local community regarding the facility challenges presented by the Sequim Branch Library, which serves the east end of Clallam County.
- Articulate and publish NOLS’ Fiscal Business Plan.