Sequim Future Library Project Design
NOLS and SHKS Architects worked with the community on needs assessment and conceptual planning. The community’s vision for the Future Library is reflected in the building program, site plan, schematic floor plan, and conceptual images prepared by the architects.
Click here for the complete report on conceptual planning.
The new library is sized to eliminate current crowding and support growth well into the future. It includes key design elements that the community said were essential.
- Space for expanded collections and computers, with many more seats and workspaces
- 2 large, flexible-use community meeting rooms, which can be further expanded for very large events
- 4 study/small conference rooms
- Special, designated spaces for children, tweens, and teens, including a smaller activity room to support storytimes, Maker/STEM activities, and other programming for youth
- A separate, enclosed reading room for quiet study and reading
- Technology upgrades
- ADA improvements
- Outdoor views and access/connection to the outdoors
- More parking
- Designed with functional flexibility, to support multiple uses and future changes