First Time Users:
- If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, you can create one at the Microsoft account sign-up page. After you have created a Microsoft account, return to this page.
- A one-time access code is needed when you register for the Imagine Academy. You will be taken to the registration page and automatically given an access code by clicking here. After entering your Microsoft account, follow the registration instructions.
- Browse the hundreds of courses available or search for a specific topic. Add whichever courses you’d like and enjoy the Imagine Academy!
Access the Microsoft Imagine Academy here.
Microsoft Imagine Academy FAQs
A library card
- If you don’t currently reside in Clallam County, you can show photo ID and get a limited service card which will allow you access to the Imagine Academy.
A Microsoft account
- Your current email address can be used as your Microsoft account. More information about setting up an account can be found online here.
A one-time authentication code.
- This code will automatically be provided when you click on the link under the first time user instructions on the NOLS Microsoft Imagine Academy page. After the initial signup, the code will not have to be used again.
No. The Imagine Academy can be accessed from anywhere via the NOLS website or directly from here if you have already registered.
No. Training occurs completely on the Imagine Academy website. Microsoft currently recommends any of the following operating system / browser combinations and a broadband internet connection in order to run Imagine Academy:
- Windows XP, or Windows 7 or higher
- Internet Explorer 8 or newer
- Chrome 25.0.1364.172
- Firefox 19.0.1 or higher
Hundreds of courses are offered covering everything from computing basics to advanced database management. Some of the more popular courses are:
- Digital Literacy: These courses help you learn the essential skills to begin computing with confidence, be more productive at home and at work, stay safe online, use technology to complement your lifestyle, and consider careers where you can put your skills to work.
- Office 2010 and Office 2013
- Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint
- Windows Server and Exchange Server
- SQL Server and ASP.NET
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Dynamics
The amount of time it takes to complete a course greatly depends on the speed of the user and the amount of time they can dedicate to the course. It takes approximately 6 hours to complete the Microsoft Word course (2 hours for the beginning module, 2 hours for the moderate module, and 2 hours for the advanced module).
A certificate of completion is free and shows that you have participated in the Imagine Academy. Microsoft Certification demonstrates that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to productively use the Microsoft product. In order to receive Microsoft Certification in a specific Microsoft program, you must pay for a test and take it the test at a Certiport Testing Center. Information about certification, test costs and testing centers can be found online at www.certiport.com. Through a partnership with the Washington State Library, the North Olympic Library System is currently offers MOS and MTA certification tests for free. More information about the free testing offered at the Library can be found here.
There is no cost to patrons or NOLS to sign up for the Imagine Academy because the State Legislature has paid the fees to allow statewide access for two years and Microsoft has generously discounted the remaining cost of this program for participating libraries.