All branches of the North Olympic Library System take part in the IRS’ Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP), a program that offers tax products to the American public for free. The IRS sends tax forms to NOLS as they become available, and they are dispersed to the Clallam Bay, Forks, Port Angeles, and Sequim branch libraries. In 2017, the IRS is sending forms listed below.
Form 1040 - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Instructions 1040 - 1040 Instructions
Form 1040A - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Instructions 1040A - 1040A Instructions
Form 1040EZ - Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Instructions 1040EZ - 1040EZ Instructions
A binder with every tax form and set of instructions will also be made available at each branch. Copies of the forms in the binders can be made for 10¢ per page.
All tax forms and instructions, in addition to extra help and tools, can be found online at https://www.irs.gov. Forms can be printed from the public computers at the library for 10¢ per page.
Forms and instructions can also be requested directly from the IRS to be delivered via U.S. Mail. More information about placing requests online or by telephone can be found at https://www.irs.gov/uac/Forms-and-Publications-by-U.S.-Mail.
More information about how to get ready for tax filing season can be found at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5273.pdf.
It is unlawful for Library staff to offer tax advice or to help users interpret tax materials they read (Policy 5.2).
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide
Starting February 1, 2017, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide will provide free tax preparation and electronic filing at the following locations in Clallam County. You do not need to be a member of AARP, a senior citizen or a retiree to use this free service.
This service is not sponsored by the North Olympic Library System.
Port Angeles Main Library
2210 S. Peabody St., Port Angeles, WA 98362
9am–3pm every Wednesday; 9am to 1pm every Saturday from 2/1/17 to 4/15/17
No Appointment needed. Questions: 360-417-8500 ext. 2 (Customer Service)
Port Angeles Senior Center
328 E. 7th St., Port Angeles, WA 98362
9am–3pm. Every Monday from 2/2/17 to 4/17/17
Appointment required: call 360-457-7004
Forks City Hall (in Council Chambers)
500 E. Division St., Forks, WA 98331
10am–3pm. Every other Saturday from 2/4/17 to 4/15/17
No Appointment needed. Questions: 360-452-6541
Sequim Senior Center
921 E. Hammond St., Sequim, WA 98382
Specific days/times TBD from 2/4/17 to 4/15/17.
Appointment Required: call 360-683-6806
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide: Important Documents to Bring to the Tax-Aide Site
- Last year’s tax return(s)
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all your dependents
- Photo I.D. required for all taxpayers.
- Checkbook if you want to direct deposit any refund(s)
- W-2 from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
- 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099-R form if you received a pension, annuity, or IRA distribution
- 1099-Misc forms
- Information about other forms of Income
- State or local income tax refund
- All forms and canceled checks indicating federal and state income tax paid (including quarterly estimated tax payments)
Most taxpayers have a choice of taking either a standard deduction or itemizing their deductions. You will need to bring the following information:
- 1098 form showing any home mortgage interest
- 1098-T and 1098-E forms (Tuition and Student Loan Interest payments)
- A list of medical/dental expenses (including doctor and hospital bills and medical insurance premiums), prescription medicines, costs of assisted living services, and bills for home improvements such as ramps and railings for people with disabilities
- Summary of contributions to charity
- Receipts or canceled checks for all quarterly or other paid tax
- Property Tax bills and proof of payment
- Form 1095A if you purchased through Marketplace (Exchange)
- Any exemption correspondence from the Marketplace (if applicable)
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, or Social Security number)
- 1099 forms related to continuing education and related receipts and cancelled checks
For more information about AARP Tax Aide, including which documents to bring with you, visit the AARP website at www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-2004/about_aarp_taxaide.html or call 1-888-AARPNOW (1-888-227-7669).
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offered in conjunction with the IRS.