Microsoft Certification Exams
Certiport certifications are an industry recognized standard demonstrating ones proficiency in a Microsoft application to an employer or prospective college. For a limited time, the North Olympic Library System is partnering with Washington State Library to offer free Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams as a part of the Microsoft Imagine Academy program (a $150 value per exam). All residents in Washington State are welcome to participate. The Library does not charge any proctoring fees to those wishing to take a certification test.
To schedule an appointment to take a MOS certification exam, please email and provide your full name and the specific MOS exam(s) you wish to take.
Free certification testing sessions will be offered at NOLS June 8 - 20! More info here.
Information for Exam Takers
Prepare for the Exam:
- Access the Microsoft Imagine Academy with your library card to access hundreds of free online courses.
- Email to request digital MOS 2013 Study Guides from our partner, the Washington State Library. You will instantly get information on how to download the files.
- The Library can provide free MOS practice exams through GMetrix. Please contact or speak to the staff at the Port Angeles Main Library to take a practice test at the library.
Before the Exam:
- You will need to get a free Certiport account to log in to the Console 8 test software. Don’t have one? Get one free at certiport.com.
- Get familiar with how to log into Certiport’s Console 8 test software by watching this video on how to launch an exam in Console 8.
- The Library provides a laptop to take the exam on.
Day of the Exam:
- Bring current photo ID and Certiport credentials
- Sign in/out when entering/leaving room
- 50-minute time limit; does not pause for restroom breaks
- No notes, paper, or writing tools
- No cell phones or other electronic recording or photo devices
- No retakes on the same day