Microsoft Certification Exams
Certiport certifications are an industry recognized standard demonstrating ones proficiency in a Microsoft application to an employer or prospective college. For a limited time, the North Olympic Library System is partnering with Washington State Library to offer free Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification exams as a part of the Microsoft Imagine Academy program (a $150 value per exam). All residents in Washington State are welcome to participate. The Library does not charge any proctoring fees to those wishing to take a certification test.
To schedule an appointment to take a MOS or MTA certification exam, please email and provide your full name and the specific MOS or MTA exam(s) you wish to take.
Information for Exam Takers
Prepare for the Exam:
- Access the Microsoft Imagine Academy with your library card to access hundreds of free online courses.
- Email to request digital MOS 2013 Study Guides from our partner, the Washington State Library. You will instantly get information on how to download the files.
- The Library can provide free MOS practice exams through GMetrix. Please contact or speak to the staff at the Port Angeles Main Library to take a practice test at the library.
Before the Exam:
- You will need to get a free Certiport account to log in to the Console 8 test software. Don’t have one? Get one free at certiport.com.
- Get familiar with how to log into Certiport’s Console 8 test software by watching this video on how to launch an exam in Console 8.
- The Library provides a laptop to take the exam on.
Day of the Exam:
- Bring current photo ID and Certiport credentials
- Sign in/out when entering/leaving room
- 50-minute time limit; does not pause for restroom breaks
- No notes, paper, or writing tools
- No cell phones or other electronic recording or photo devices
- No retakes on the same day