The cramped and aging branch library that serves the Sequim / Dungeness Valley area is a critical concern for NOLS. The Library is currently engaged in a community conversation, and other preliminary activities, to find a solution to this problem.
- Contact UsQuestions or comments? Please contact:
Library Director Margaret Jakubcin at Director@nols.org or 360.417.8500 x 7714, or
Sequim Library Manager Emily Sly at Sequim@nols.org or 360.683.1161 x 7765.
- RFQOn June 15, 2017, NOLS posted a Request for Qualifications for Conceptual Planning and Schematic Design, seeking an architectural consultant to assist with this project. The proposal deadline was August 16, 2017. An evaluation committee is currently reviewing the proposals received.
- Feasibility StudyA Feasibility Study conducted in 2014 answered some crucial preliminary questions about the current and future population of the area, and the ability of the current library site to support library service into the future. Learn more about the Feasibility Study.
- GalleryPictures speak volumes. Here's a meaningful look at everyday life in the Sequim Branch.
- Past Community Presentations & Events
NOLS is engaging the community to find a solution to the Sequim Branch facilities challenges. Here's some of the groups the Library has spoken with.
Thursday, August 17, 2pm - Presentation at the Sequim Branch Library.
Monday, June 5, 10am - Presentation at the Sequim Branch Library.
Monday, May 22, 9am - Work Session presentation to Clallam County Commissioner.
Wednesday, May 17, 6pm - Presentation at the Sequim Branch Library.
Saturday, May 13, Irrigation Festival Parade.
Tuesday, May 2, 5pm - Irrigation Parade Work Party.
Tuesday, April 18, 5pm - Presentation to Sequim Chamber.